Cloud and DNS vulnerabilities are mostly caused due to misconfigurations, Data leakage is caused due to lacking employee awareness and detection capabilities. Web application vulnerabilities are mostly due to poor coding or usage of external open-source libraries. Cynergy’s patent-pending Vulnerability Remediation and Mitigation processes are unique in the method they utilize the current security tools and platforms used by the organization.
Cynergy remediates and mitigates the vulnerabilities based on the best suitable approach.
- Automating the best practice for misconfiguration.
- Elevating awareness to employees.
- Conducting takedowns for data leakage and Phishing campaigns.
- Automating compensating controls for web applications and API vulnerabilities
All this and more can be done automatically, with a single click of a button, without manual effort that may take weeks, reduced to few seconds.
To remediate cybersecurity vulnerabilities, organizations typically follow a process that involves the following steps:
- Identifying vulnerabilities: This step involves using Cynergy’s 2nd Gen EASM (External Attack Surface Management) to identify potential vulnerabilities in the company’s systems and networks. Assessing the risk: Once vulnerabilities have been identified, Cynergy is evaluated to determine the level of risk they pose to the organization. This typically involves considering factors such as the potential impact of the vulnerability and the likelihood of it being exploited.
- Prioritizing vulnerabilities: With many vulnerabilities to address, it is often not practical to fix them all at once. Therefore, Cynergy is prioritizing which vulnerabilities to address first based on the level of risk they pose.
- Remediating vulnerabilities: This step involves taking action to fix or mitigate the vulnerabilities that have been identified. This may involve applying patches or updates, reconfiguring systems, or implementing additional security controls.
- Verifying remediation: After vulnerabilities have been addressed, it is important to verify that the remediation was effective and that the vulnerabilities have been properly fixed. Using Cynergy’s validation process, Cynergy is confirming a successful remediation
- Overall, the goal of vulnerability remediation is to reduce the risk of cyber-attacks and improve the overall security of an organization’s systems and networks
Cynergy’s automated remediation identifies and fixes vulnerabilities in a company’s systems and networks. Cynergy is also providing automated playbooks designed and developed to address vulnerabilities in an automated manner.
- Automated remediation can be an effective way to quickly and efficiently address vulnerabilities, especially when an organization has a large number of systems and networks to manage. It can also help to ensure that vulnerabilities are addressed in a consistent and repeatable manner, reducing the risk of human error or inconsistency.
- Another advantage of automated remediation is the use of an automated playbook which does not require any human intervention, this is a critical value when organizations are facing a shortage in cyber resources with the required expertise.